In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Monday, April 20, 2009

My Naturopath

I have an appointment next week with Mark Gignac (pronounced jean-ee-ack), N.D., M.S.A, FABNO at Seatttle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, which recently moved to Renton ("Renton Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center" doesn't have quite the same cachet).
Here's more info about him:
http://www.seattlecancerwellness.com/naturopathic_oncologists.html
I chose him because I wanted someone my surgeon/oncologist knew and trusted. I was also impressed that he is "among less than two dozen naturopaths nationwide – and the only ones in the state of Washington – to take and pass exams for board certification in naturopathic oncology," according to their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment