In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Home again!

Even though I had a huge, sunny private room with a view [photos to come] and had a wonderful nursing staff who took very good care of me, I'm very happy to be back home with Richard and Sara the dog.
From where I sit on the living room couch, I can see Richard with his laptop sending out email to family about my return, Sara curled up in a ball on the rug, and a robin on the peak of the garage, with pink puffs of cherry blossoms in the background.
Sara and I walked to the corner and back this morning. I couldn't have done that with a less disciplined dog because my latest orders are not to lift, push, or pull more than 10 pounds, which means I can't afford to be pulled down the street by my dog either. Our previous dog, Utah, who was part husky - part sled dog - never reached Sara's level of restraint and could never have "pulled off" such a trick - he was always straining at the leash.

I am deeply grateful for all your love and support and am looking forward to seeing you very soon. But first a nap ...

No comments:

Post a Comment