In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grateful for Your Prayers

Starting to catch up on things I've been thinking about but haven't had a chance to enter here ...

I'm grateful for all your prayers, which I see manifesting as my doctors, nurses and nursing assistants, as hospitals and treatment facilities and as medicines. I believe in prayers because my mind feels much happier than it would normally be under these circumstances. Usually I have a low tolerance for pain, but I've had very little pain, and the doctors all seem surprised at how little pain medication I've needed (they insisted I would want some stronger, narcotic painkillers at home, but I have had no need to fill the prescription).
I "blame" all this on you : )
I can feel your prayers holding me up and giving me strength. This probably sounds dumb, but lately your prayers feel like a comfy armchair that I can sink into - your prayers cushion and support me, like a hug.

Love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment