In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feeling Good

Chemo went really well yesterday, and I'm feeling good today.
I believe all your prayers are clearing away obstacles. For example, with the Taxol there was a chance of a severe allergic reaction, which would have been apparent within 5-10 minutes. My Bodhisattva nurse administered it in small doses to begin with and kept a close eye on me, and there were no problems at all.
Days 3-6 are when I'll feel the worst of the side effects, most likely fatigue, leg pain and loss of appetite. I'm scheduled to lose my hair around May 15th, so I'll be shopping for headgear in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. When you shop for hair, may I recommend black? Maybe black dreadlocks? Long, waistlength, with some skulls braided in?
    (Just kidding.)
    Glad you are feeling well so far.
    Love,
    gamo

    ReplyDelete