In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hospital Chemo Report, part 1

Getting chemo in the hospital was similar in a lot of nice ways to having surgery - but without the surgery! Let me explain. I checked in at patient registration at the same place. Then I got to skip all the pre-op questions and procedures, as well as the surgery and post-op, and went right up to another one of those large, private rooms on the 11th floor - room 1111 !! - with a view of the city and the port - it was probably just a couple doors down from where I was after surgery. I also saw a lot of the same nurses. That's where I got into my gown - I even got the pajama bottons, as well as a robe. They hooked me up to the IV and started putting various fluids and drugs through.

1 comment:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address;
    dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete