In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wiggy Word

Here's a laugh: Among the prescriptions I got from my doctor was one for a "cranial prosthesis" (that is, a wig). Doesn't it sound like it should be for a replacement head?
Wigs are expensive, and insurance will cover a certain amount of the cost when it's due to a medical condition, although I doubt insurance is going to reimburse me for the long black dreadlocks Gamo recommended : )

3 comments:

  1. Now I am thinking tatoos...surely insurance will cover a tatoo of the phenomena source in glowing red...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm also supposed to lose my eyebrows, but not my lashes.

    Here's a nice summary of why there's often hair loss during chemo, from www.breastcancer.org:
    "Hair loss occurs because chemotherapy targets all rapidly dividing cells—healthy cells as well as cancer cells. Hair follicles, the structures in the skin filled with tiny blood vessels that make hair, are some of the fastest-growing cells in the body. If you're not in cancer treatment, your hair follicles divide every 23 to 72 hours. But as the chemo does its work against cancer cells, it also destroys hair cells."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address;
    dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete