In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Radiation in a Couple Weeks, Then Chemo

When I talked to my oncologist Kaplan last week, he said I'd have radiation first, then chemo later. He said it would take 2-3 weeks to get everything arranged for radiation - in part, because my insurance would need to approve it, even though it's standard treatment for any kind of brain tumor.
First I need to set up an appointment with a Radiation Oncologist, because only she'll be able to say how many treatments I need and whether to use GammaKnife or CyberKnife radiation technology.
Here's more info about radiation treatment, from the Swedish webiste:
http://www.swedish.org/Services/Cancer-Institute/Services/Radiation-Therapy 

No comments:

Post a Comment