In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Radiation Dec 1st Only

Got a call this morning from my Radiation Oncologist's office. My radiation will be Wed, Dec 1st, at 2pm.
It's "one-time only" - sounds like a sales brochure, doesn't it?
I'm surprised Dr. V was able to put together a plan so quickly. Maybe my case is quite straightforward.

On the Swedish hospital site, a patient referred to radiation as the "tumor spa." When I was there the other day, the tech said they have a lot of music, but I'm also welcome to bring my own. Think I'll have them play Medicine Buddha sadhana during the treatment.

Now I have to call my oncologist to plan my chemo ...

No comments:

Post a Comment