In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The End Is Near

The end of chemo, that is. Next Tues is my last Taxol chemo, which will complete the 4 scheduled rounds. Hooray!
Today I got the Taxol and am now feeling fine, resting at home.
Last week I got the double-whammy, with Carboplatin and Taxol, which wiped me out over the weekend. Fortunately, I still made it to the Avalokiteshvara Empowerment Sat, albeit lying down in the back. Gen Khedrub was very funny, which was great for the many new folks attending and for us old-timers too.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and support. I will try to repay your kindness.

Love,
M.

2 comments: