In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two More Months

of chemo

The groundhog must have seen a shadow ... on my CT scan.
Actually it was my radiologist who saw the shadow: my brain MRI was normal - hooray - and my abdominal CT scan showed that all the small tumors had disappeared, except for one, which went from 2 cm to 1 cm. My oncologist considers this very good news, because the chemo is working. He wants to wipe out that last small mass; I do too. Because it's working, I'm going to get the same chemo drugs on the same chemo days, starting again next Tues, but with a break so that I can attend US Festival.
I have to say that being on chemo feels very familiar. Like Bill Murray's character in the movie Groundhog Day, I hope to become a better person by going through this.
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment