In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Brian MRI Is Normal

Yesterday I had a routine brain MRI, then saw my Radiation Oncologist. She repeated a few times how it all looks "perfect." Hooray! The radiation worked.
There were a few small spots they were watching - which they can't watch anymore because they've disappeared. (Or a Buddhist might say, "dissolved back into emptiness.")
I'll continue to have routine brain MRIs every 2-3 months for about a year, so don't be alarmed when I say I have another one scheduled.

As some of you know, I got to attend US Festival, with featured Medicine Buddha Empowerment this year. I really felt his healing blessings and am grateful for another chance to reconnect with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment