In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Surprisingly Good

Just a bit tired, especially now in the evening. I'll be more fatigued the next few days.
Tomorrow we have Kadam Heather from Portland as a guest Teacher doing a day course on Karma, which I plan to attend, even if I have to lie down in the back for it.

I'll probably also be spending a lot of time on the couch, reading, and Sunday watching part of what Richard calls the "Stupor-bowl." As Carol F says, "May everyone play well, and no one get hurt."

I slept really last night well - all the way to 7am - and was quite productive until I left for radiation. I was feeling well enough to drive myself.

Oh, and this is very good news, Dr. K tapered my Decadron again, so I am now taking just 1 mg 2x/day. Probably part of the reason I slept longer.

More this weekend. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment