In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Surgery Tomorrow

My laparoscopic, robot-assisted surgery is tomorrow at Swedish Hospital on First Hill. My gynecological surgeon/oncologist, Dr. Charles Drescher, will do the operation; he's said to be the best in the city.
Today I'm doing the prep, which will be familiar to any of you who've had a colonoscopy.
I'm supposed to arrive tomorrow at 6:30am; surgery is scheduled to start at 8:30am and is estimated to take about 2 hours. Richard and I hope his sister Susie will be with me.
The hospital will keep me overnight.
You're welcome to visit - best to call first; (206) 386-6000.
There's useful info about visiting at


2 comments:

  1. Dear Mimi,
    I will be making many prayers for you... May Medicine Buddha bless your body and mind.
    Love,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi,

    I've started full-force prayers. I know you are safe in VG's mandala and he'll be with you the whole way.

    I love you.
    -Lingpur

    ReplyDelete