In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Monday, July 6, 2009

Good News

My CA-125 (tumor marker) dropped again - to 14.7, which by some standards is considered within the normal range. This is very good news. The chemo is working. My oncologist wants to see it drop further, to below 10 or even to 0 (if he could, I'm sure he'd even drive it below 0). As I understand it, they'll want me to have the full 6 courses of chemo no matter what that marker does.
Thursday and Friday I got chemo in the hospital. It was just like the last time - I felt perfectly comfortable during the infusions but wiped out when I got home. I rested all weekend and will rest again after I finish typing this.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're continuing to improve Mimi. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops. Love, Rak-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't heard from you in a long time so was very happy to see those numbers coming down. I will try to get to the post summer festival retreat and hope to see you then. Love, Susan
    PS not sure what "profile" to check. Don't understand those things.

    ReplyDelete