In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Going to Festival !

If everything continues to go well, I'll be at Summer Festival July 30- August 5. I can't believe it! I first seriously considered the possibility on Sunday, after I'd had some energy for a few days. After consulting with my oncologist on Wednesday, I booked a flight - the same flight that a handful of Seattle Sangha are on, so they'll be able to look after me. I couldn't do it alone. What are the chances at this late day of that itinerary still being available, and at a reasonable price too? This morning I got confirmation that I have a place to stay at a cottage north of Ulverston with some other Festival-goers. I see Dorje Shugden's hand in all of this - ordinary life does not work out like this.
Hope all of you who are at Festival this week enjoy the empowerment, the teachings and the retreat. Please take good notes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment