In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update

More good news: Blood-tumor marker "CA-125" dropped again, from 18 to 15.2 - and that was before the double-whammy last week, and the Taxol this week and next.

Even better news: Today I had my penultimate Taxol chemo; next Wed is my last chemo ... hopefullly for a very long time, such as forever : )

On the other hand, I do have a bad ear infection that 3 docs are attributing to my month of radiation treatments. I did get the ear drained and am now taking antibiotic ear drops. Richard and I will see the "E,N&T" (Ear/Nose/Throat) doc again on Fri. He'll have the results of the ear culture then and will adjust the antibiotic if needed.
By the way, usually I pay $5 or $10 for drugs; the eardrops were $128!

Dex - just can't stay away!
The eardrops are called "CiproDex," which is ciprofloxacin and my old friend the steroid dexamesone, aka Dex. But I'm so fatigued, I can't say I notice the steoroid's effect yet.

The day after my last chemo (next week!), I'm very much looking to flying Newark with a friend, attending US Festival and getting Medcine Buddha teachings, then seeing Dad & Marilyn in Ramsy, and brother Andrew, sister-in-law Anne & the boys at the shore. Let's hope my ears are up for the trip!

What's new with you? I want to hear!
What are your Summer plans?

Love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment