In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Friday, April 15, 2011

Planning My Comeback

Wed is my last chemo, and I am looking forward to having a bit more of a life soon. Even though I know, from experience, that it's going to be a year or so before I get most of my energy back, I'm already anticipating more of my normal activities in the coming months ...
At the very least, I plan to spend more time on my feet, outside, and less time on my back, on the couch.
I'm looking forward to puttering in the yard ... even doing a bit of weeding.
I love the idea of going for longer walks, maybe even a bit of jogging, and then of getting to the gym.
After that, I'm going to ...
run a marathon, then a triathlon, climb Everest, and win 5 Tours de France, sail around the world in a small rowboat ... 
Let's see, what else am I forgetting? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment