In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photos from Florida

Last week R & I were in St. Pete, on the Gulf side of Florida, visiting his brother, sister-in-law, and niece ... as well as checking on the Orioles, who are in Spring Training in Sarasota (I always hesitate before saying or writing that city, because what always comes first is "Saratoga," where my Grandfather lived).
Even though FL was sunny and warm, I'd rather live in Seattle, believe it or not.
Scene from J&V's dock 

Bird of Paradise in J&V's driveway

R. at Madeira Beach


Pelicans are common in FL. Now I notice all the birds in Seattle, including one of my favorites, the great blue heron, which I just saw at Green Lake while walking the dog.

More photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/Mimi.Wagamama/FloridaStPeteSarasotaFebMarch2011#

1 comment:

  1. nice pictures Mimi. Natasha is soooo cute. xxoo Love, Rak-ma

    ReplyDelete