In Eight Steps to Happiness Geshe-la says "'Self' and 'other' are relative terms, rather like 'this mountain' and 'that mountain ... 'This' and 'that' therefore depend upon our point of reference. This is also true of self and other. By climbing down the mountain of self, it is possible to ascend the mountain of other, and thereby cherish others as much as we presently cherish ourself."

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Small Recurrence

While R and I were at our Center's monthly powa prayers yesterday evening, my oncologist left a message with the results of the previous day's brain MRI, torso CT and blood tests. The good news is that there's nothing in my brain or liver or heart or bones. There are a few small nodules in my abdomen, so it's considered a return of the cancer, a diagnosis which was seconded by tumor marker, which went from 15 to 25 in a month. I won't know anything else until I meet with Dr K, but I expect there will be more chemo in my future. I have been enjoying being in remission but, thanks to Kadampa Buddhism, know how to deal with being out of remission too. Prayers appreciated, especially that I and all others with the wish will be able to attend Geshe-la's teachings in Portugal next Fall.

1 comment: